I finally have gotten back on the blue bike for a club ride, after too long away from it.
It seems that I am no longer ready to ride all the time the way I once was--I have to plan to ride a club ride and work other stuff around it. My cycling gear that is at the top of the drawer is more for commuting--although the clothing works well for club rides, I don't have the club ride bike specific stuff as ready to go as I once did.
I miss that.
In any case, I rode to the Yellow parking lot for Waterfront Park for the club's Saturday morning staple "slow and easy (my ass)" ride. Some take the title seriously without the parentheses, some add the parenthetical comment and use the stoplight to stoplight tango for sprint work.
I found myself riding much faster than I expected, and a tad bit faster than my legs were comfortable pedaling. Such is the point of a good workout, I suppose. I was whipped by the time I got home.
Since the ride start is almost downtown, I saw no reason to drive there.
I'm off to Crestwood to prepare for Monday evening's Park Tool School class. I don't have the energy to ride it, so I'll drive.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
1 comment:
I concur on the "slow-n-easy" Sat. morning staple. Last time I did it we were flying to the turn-around. I did end up doing 45 that day on the SS Trek, though.
Post a Comment