13 February 2009

Urrrp

It seems there is a stomach virus going around. It caught me, and my first symptoms arrived during the Bike Summit II on Thursday. I won't gross you out with the details--we'll just say it takes a LOT out of a person.

Needless to say, I didn't ride HOME from the Summit, although Jenn and rode to it. One of the students in my Park Tool School class was kind enough to haul us back to the house. After staying in bed for a few hours, I roused myself enough to go to a "doc in a box," where I was given a scrip for Phenergan, and advice to follow for the next day or three.

I already feel much better, and have been able to eat limited amounts of easily-digested foods. I'm to avoid milk or milk products for a few days, which will be tough to do given my fondness for cheeses.

As I've barely been able to get out of bed until noon today, I took a personal day from work. It sucks to be sick, but I'll get over it, and be back to the grind in a day or two.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon. My boss and I both went through it in the last week and a half.

bikeolounger said...

Thanks, David! I don't know where I got it, but I would prefer to not have it.

Problem is that now Jenn is likely to get it, since the doctor said I was likely exposed to it four to seven days ago.

LvilleTex said...

Terrible! I guess that explains where you trundled off to during the Summit, which is the say I didn't see the Raleigh when I left around 3.30.

bikeolounger said...

Yep, it explains why the Raleigh went away that day. A few folks at the Tool School class mentioned that I was missed Thursday afternoon. I was too oblivious to care so much about that by then...