26 February 2009

busy days

Busy couple of days, so little time for posting blogs.

Wrapped up the second session of our Park Tool School program last night. If comments during the class were any indication, folks felt they got their value from the courses. I've gotten a couple of emails supporting this, and saw at least one on our local cycling list server "giving the shout out." I had fun doing it, and look forward to doing some more. Now, however, it's time to get my stands home and use one so that Jenn can install fenders and big home-made reflectors on her bike.

I rode Tuesday and today, and drove Monday and Wednesday. I will quite likely ride tomorrow.

Today's ride to work was wet. When I left the house, it was drizzling a little, despite that the last forecast I had seen was for cloudy skies with low chances of rain. As I worked my way to work, the rain came down a bit harder, so that I found myself riding through a shower at least part of the time. Since it was drizzling when I left the house, I donned the rain cape I got several weeks ago (before the ice storm) to give it a try. I found myself a bit over-warm; I was wearing a jersey and my Illuminite jacket underneath the cape. Otherwise, it seems to work as advertised. My rain pants, however, were a total failure. They simply do not work. I suppose they could have been mislabled, though, and they've been in my stash of stuff for over a decade, so who knows?

Anyway, the afternoon weather is balmy, so my ride home will be another warm one. I have pack space to stuff the cape and rain pants, and may not need the jacket either.

On the way home, I will have to stop and buy a couple odds and ends for my bike and for Jenn's. She needs a tube or three, and some hardware to mount her fenders. I need a cotter pin, probably (hopefully) for the right crank arm this time, as I just mounted a new one on the left side a couple weeks ago.

It's supposed to be wet in the morning, but I may ride anyway. Just to keep from driving.

No comments: