19 February 2009

on again, off again

With the Tool School schedule, I find it necessary to drive to work too often. Getting out to Crestwood within an hour and a half of leaving my desk is not possible by bicycle (at least not under MY power). As a result, I'm savoring every chance I get to ride to work. Today is such a day, despite the wind (and the snow I saw on the neighbor's roof when I woke up this morning). I left the house a few minutes early, figuring on a slow ride over the bridge. The temperature will probably not improve appreciably today, so I will likely be wearing as many layers home as I did this morning. I see flurries outside as I type this, so the ride home may open the eyes of a motorist or two (that poor sob [or nutcase] riding a bike in THIS!).

I'll have to drive again tomorrow, as I have at least two sets of wheels to build this weekend. One customer wants to watch at least part of the process, so the appointment for that is Saturday morning. I'll be at the shop all day Saturday, between the wheel building and the second class of the current Tool School session. On Sunday, I will get to fix the water leak in my truck's engine (I hope).

No comments: