Well, not much of one.
Those of you on facebook know how it suggests friends, based on whatever algorithm it follows. Usually, the suggested friends have friends in common, and it will say something like "4 friends in common."
Other times, though, it simply suggests people, with no indication that there are friends in common or why I would want to befriend that person.
One such occasion came about over the weekend. The person suggested was a former girlfriend, with whom I've not had contact in over two years. When I ended the dating relationship, I was willing to be platonic friends. However, that was not to be--there was much rancor from her and her family over the split.
I don't know why facebook would suggest her to me. It didn't mention any friends in common.
I don't wish her ill--I wish her all the best. However, I'm glad to have moved on. If I hadn't, I would not have met Jenn (I wouldn't have been looking, in other words). My relationship with Jenn is far healthier. I'm happier. Life is good, except for those times when it's even better.
Still, it's a weird feeling to see facebook suggest that she and I be friends.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment