As you know, I'm on Ergon's Commuter Team for 2011. I haven't gotten my goodies yet, but am eagerly anticipating the arrival.
I have been keeping an eye on Ergon's blog, too, and the folks at Ergon posted today about a Mayoral candidate in Denver who had a fund-raiser at Great Divide Brewery recently. Candidate Chris Romer is in favor of extending the scope of Denver's bike infrastructure.
The reason I find this noteworthy is that several years ago, our own then-Mayor Jerry Abramson cited Denver's fairly extensive bike path network when he asked that the first Bike Summit happen in 2004 or 2005. That a candidate wants to improve on an inspiring system is great. That the existing system inspires leaders in cities like ours is even better. It shows that we can do it, with the right focus of political will power. Help me encourage our new Mayor to focus some of that will power, won't you?
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment