A look at my mileage stats, just for giggles:
So far in 2011, I've logged 368.6 miles. By the time I get home from work tonight, I will have logged over 390 miles. I am helping Andy Dyson move tomorrow, so I'll get in a few miles that way, and I hopefully will ride to work Monday, which will get me over 425 miles for the month.
I logged 425 miles in May 2010. The five lowest mileage months for 2010, from worst to best, were January (65), February (187), June (271), December (382) and May (425). Humorous side note: May, the fifth month of the year, was my fifth-lowest mileage month for 2010--in part due to home-buying stuff that was happening at the time. June was very low due to the two week hiatus from personal cycling called RAAM. February and January of last year were a time when my temperature threshold hadn't gotten down below 30 and we had a LOT of ice on the roads. December had a week or more of icy, fouled roads plus the "holly-daze" mess.
Going from my worst cycling month of 2010 to the same month of 2011 having more miles than four or five months of 2010 is kind of a kick. Makes me wonder what I'm capable of doing the rest of the year. 6000 miles should not be a big problem to accomplish for 2011. Jenn and I intend to get in a fair number of club miles on the tandem, which should yield an annual total closer to 7000.
Beats heck out of driving...
A few weeks ago, I made a lot of noise about being on the Ergon Commuter Team. I found out that I will be waiting until some time in March before I see my box of gear. That's okay, I suppose, as it is coming to me free of charge, but I was hoping to put some time on the stuff on a snow bike. Of course, the budget has kept me from getting a snow bike, so I have even less reason to complain.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
1 comment:
May was actually my lowest mileage month in 2010. I'm currently only 150 miles behind my Jan, Feb and Mar 2010 total.
Post a Comment