Last Thursday's mini-blizzard was severe enough that we put the final meeting of our January Tool School on hold. We finish it tonight. I've been thinking about when to do another class in February, and need to finalize the dates this week (since, of course, it's almost February).
As is usually the case, this Tool School group is made up of good folks. Maybe there is some self-selecting mechanism at work--I rarely get any one person in these classes that is problematic (if pressed, I could come up with one person who wasn't as attentive as I would prefer), and have not had a troublesome group.
I've now had two days of driving to work instead of riding bike. We had some snow yesterday morning--an inch or so--plus a meeting scheduled far enough away that riding wasn't going to work in the time I had to get there. The roads were not quite clear enough for me yet this morning. Hopefully things are warming enough that I can ride tomorrow. Even so, I don't know that I'll best too many of last year's monthly totals this month. My next, um, er, milestone is the December 2010 mileage (382 miles), which I may outdo tomorrow if I get to ride to work. Next one after that is May 2010 at 425 miles or so, and if I get to ride to work Monday, I just might beat that. I've already beat January, February, both of them combined, and June of 2010 with my January 2011 miles. Not a bad start for the year.
I keep thinking about that ice-day bike...I even got a bike of the model I'm considering for the store's inventory, just so I can check it out first-hand. It looks good, and seems like it would work well enough. I have mixed emotions about some details at the left rear triangle area--it doesn't look like it will accept my Burley trailer, for example, but it will probably do okay with the Safety 1st one. If Jenn and I find it useful to haul stuff in both trailers at once, I'd have to ride the Raleigh, as it's the only one of the fleet at this point that will pull the Burley as configured. It's mildly surprising that the inexpensive (when new) Safety 1st trailer fits more of my fleet than the Burley, a fairly expensive line of trailers.
Speaking of trailers, both of mine will be in use this weekend, along with a slew of others. Andy Dyson, Executive Director of Bicycling for Louisville, is moving this weekend. I caught wind of the details on Facebook, oddly enough, but if you would like to help and don't "do" facebook, drop me a line (since facebook likes for you to have an account before you can see stuff on it).
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment