14 January 2011

I got to ride to work today!

Not quite halfway through January, and I've bested my mileage for February of last year. If the weather doesn't dump more snow on us between now and then, I'll best the total for January AND February 2010 by the end of next week. I only need to ride to work twice and do a trip to the grocery store.

Mileage for 2011 to date: 200

January 2010 miles: 65
February 2010 miles: 187
March 2010 miles: 548.76
First quarter 2010 miles: 800.76


If things REALLY go well, I'll best the first-quarter 2010 miles by the end of February. 801 miles is possible. Not particularly likely this time of year, but possible. I'm a quarter of the way there, two weeks into the year.

I've not been one to set goals like this in the past, but I think I'll shoot for six thousand miles this year. It shouldn't be too hard to do. I might even try for seven thousand.

Second quarter miles will be a bit tougher to beat. I did not drive to work even once in April of last year (Jenn picked me up twice--once for house-hunting, the other time for really bad weather). I drove some in May. We'll ride more in June this year than we did in 2010 simply because we are not working RAAM this year. We might do a bike tour that month--no decision yet, but we'll need to make one soon.

Second quarter 2010 miles: 1309.06
First half 2010 miles: 2109.82

Put in those terms, I should be able to best last years first-half record with a margin.

Of course, all this record-setting will make it harder to break my personal record next year.

Heh.

No comments: