01 March 2009

Oh good grief!

Jenn was off work Thursday and Friday of last week with a cold. Since we live together, she was primed to have to deal with the double-ended open sluice problem I'd had a couple weeks ago, but it turned out to be a mother of a cold instead.

Of course, since we live together, I now have a similar cold. At the first inkling that I was going to be sick, I loaded up on Zicam, which has helped a bit in the past. Even so, I feel rotten, and look almost as bad.

I can't afford to take time off from work right now, either. I am behind on some stuff that needs to be done.

We'll see, but tomorrow morning is likely to be ugly. And I don't think I'll be riding to work, either.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"double-ended open sluice"? Really? You certainly have a way of creating mental images. :)

Well, I hope both of you feel better soon.

bikeolounger said...

I'm at home today, taking a tactical sick day. I have tons to do tomorrow, both at work and afterwards, and am hoping that resting today will give me a shot at getting this bug out of my system.

Susan said...

Feel better. It's gonna get warmer out!

bikeolounger said...

Thanks to you both!

Susan, I saw your post about your wheel. That 5/16" axle problem has hit me before as well. Given that grinding out the fork ends to accept the quick-release axle (or at least a 3/8" axle) and having them straight side-to-side is pretty tough, I'd suggest a new fork.