It's another work week. Yee hah!
Actually, the weekend was pretty exciting. Talking about planning the day Saturday, Jenn told me she was ready to get a new bike. I had planned to go to the bike shop on Friday to pick up parts for David's wheel, on my way to a social event I wanted to attend in LaGrange. When I got to the house to get my truck (I had ridden to work, as you may recall), Jenn told me she wasn't in much of a socializing mood, things were going weird around the house, and so on, so I stayed home.
She went with me Saturday morning, and I built the wheel at the store instead of at home. While there, she test-rode the Bacchetta Giro 26 on the sales floor, as it was one of the target bikes for her next mount. We now have a sixth bike in our stable. Over the next week or so, we'll be rigging this bike to be her primary commuter (saving the Peugeot for rainy days), with fenders, rack(s), lights and what-not, as well as having it be her club-ride bike as she gains comfort and speed on it.
On the way home, we stopped at my folks' house for some much-needed family time, a bit to eat, and general enjoyment of good vibes.
I brought David's wheel home with me, so he could pick it up at the house instead of having to drive all the way to Crestwood (not that he hasn't been driving a lot of late already...).
Yesterday was to be a ride the bike day, but the weather was below "fun ride" minima. It's one thing to commute thirteen miles (or a couple miles while using the bus for the bulk of the distance, as Jenn can do) in rainy, windy conditions, but it's another entirely to ride for fun in such weather. Instead, we worked on the house a while. Jenn wants to have a dressing room in the basement, to make it easier for her to keep the bedroom looking as she wants it. I roughed in and connected some lights for one area of the space in question as the younger daughter started hanging the old doors that will be the room partition (her "bedroom"--by her choice when we took the house--is in the basement, and she had been given the choice of making the "walls" out of old doors. We finally made some headway on the project, and she was eager to participate in making it happen).
It was a rush-around project getting going this morning, and I was late enough that I drove to work. I have a work-related court appearance later today, so dressing at the house was not a bad thing.
The court thing won't be fun--eviction proceedings never are, regardless of the outcome. I feel bad for my tenant, but I've done all I could to stave off the inevitable.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment