Today is Friday, or Fried-day as I am wont to spell it at times. I have not ridden my bike to work all week due to the lingering effects of a head cold that kept me home Monday and should have kept me home Tuesday (and perhaps even Wednesday). I am at least able to breathe most of the time, although sometimes I'll have a coughing fit such that I have a hard time inhaling past whatever sense of obstruction (nothing really there but irritated membranes) is tickling the cough reflex.
I also did not ride today because I have a time constraint after work--Jenn and I are going to my mother's house to celebrate the four-dozenth year of my rambling thought processes. In other words, it's my birthday. I'm thirty-one, with seventeen years of extra practice.
It seems popular to ruminate on these occasions. I may, later in the day, or after another day or two, but today I have work to do. I'm hosting a meeting Sunday afternoon of volunteers comprising the education committee that will help me with the upcoming courses I am leading, so I need to clean the house a bit tomorrow. Hopefully, I will get to ride a bit this weekend, even if it's utilitarian in nature rather than "for fun."
Back to the desk work...
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
2 comments:
Happy Birthday!
May you have the opportunity to enjoy many more.
As far as riding, don't sweat it. We all have weeks like that. I only rode once this week, and once last week, and I haven't been sick.
Thank you, David!
Post a Comment