26 March 2009

Rain, rain, go away

It's springtime in the Ohio River Valley, thus we have frequent rainy days. I bought a rain cape to wear when on the bike, and it works reasonably well, but it does not change the fact that I'm not over-fond of riding in the rain. I rode yesterday, and the rain was probably worse Wednesday morning than it is this morning--especially with the wind--but I wasn't interested in coping with two days in a row of riding in the rain. I drove today.

It was dry for my ride home yesterday, and supposedly will be dry this afternoon.

When I got home yesterday, Jenn had been making good things happen in the house. Even before I unlocked the garage to put away my bike, I heard the dog wimpering in his excitement that I was home--Jenn knew I was home before she saw me, as the dog rushed past her getting to the back of the house. It was pretty funny.

We were out of cat food, so Jenn and I rode to the nearest Feeders Supply to restock. While there, we got a new tag so that if the dog gets loose again, someone can get in touch with more people to enable his return home. I like to ride with Jenn when we do errands--and it sure beats driving for errands when within a mile or two of the house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bought the same rain cape you did. It does help prevent hypothermia. :)

It doesn't really work with a recumbent, so I'm waiting on my upright bike to be fixed for cold-rain rides.

I buy my pet supplies at Feeders Supply also. Mine is about 12 miles away, and I buy 40 lb bags of dog food, so I just take the car... for now.