On my way home last night, I stopped by a barbeque joint for a sandwich. I enjoy good BBQ, and this was fair to good if not great.
I got about a block closer to the house when the skies opened. I pulled into a convenience store that had a canopy over its gas pumps, but the wind was pushing the water in on me there, so I moved to the shelter of the storefront while I retrieved the cape from one of my panniers. Of course, by the time I got home it had stopped raining.
I was scheduled to assistant-teach a Confident Cycling class last night, but the weather influenced the instructors to change the course line up a bit--a good idea to be sure, as we had a thunder show a short while after class started. I stayed for the class anyway, and got to wear my cape for the ride home in the steady shower we were still getting.
I have to do some stuff at the bike shop this evening, so I drove to work today. I have yet another wheel to build--this one a replacement rim for one I built some years ago but that has since started cracking around some of the spoke holes.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment