As an indicator that the weather is warming for the season, I rode to work today in short sleeves.
Yesterday morning, I wore my usual Illuminite jacket for the first leg of my ride, the five miles or so to the main office. I had a bright vest with reflective stripes with me for the remainder of the ride, as I was wearing a dark brown shirt and wanted to be more visible (as opposed to risible).
Today, though, I had a peep at the weather forecast site, and saw that the temperature was over sixty (F). That is usually my threshold for short sleeves on the bike, and it was nearing my threshold for shorts instead of tights (I like to keep my knees a bit warmer for some reason). Short-sleeve jersey time!
On a related note, I wore sunglasses the entire morning ride on Thursday, and in doing so left the clear lenses at home. I was wishing I had had them with me on the way home, as it was pretty cloudy (and rainy in spots). Oh, well. I wore the clear lenses most of the way to work this morning, changing to sunglasses when I made a stop for a morning snack shortly before arriving at the office.
As I've noted, the sky colors that I get to see as I cross the bridge are quite pretty. I enjoyed the colors again this morning.
The blossoms of the fruit trees have been replaced by leaves, and the dogwoods have been blooming for several days now.
Spring is truly here.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
2 comments:
Spring definitely is here. I noticed last week when I was spitting the bugs back out of my mouth.
"You can tell a happy biker by the bugs in his teeth!"
Post a Comment