23 April 2009

Where has the week gone?

I realized I hadn't made any entries since Monday, even though I'm trying to treat this as my own diary of sorts.

The weather has been tolerable to grand for cycling to work. I got a bit wet on the home-bound trip Tuesday, but not so bad I couldn't just ride.

I took Wednesday off from work to allow myself the luxury of presenting at a local high-school's Earth Day celebrations. This was on invitation from a teacher there who knows Barry Zalph. I had opportunity to present the 30-minute "Share the Road" presentation assembled by Barry and others under the Bike Louisville/Bicycling for Louisville partnership.

After two runs through the presentation, I spent an hour or two in the front parking lot of the school, talking about transportation options, recumbent bicycles as such an option, and my Vanguard in particular as well as how I utilize bicycles in my own transport plan. I got lots of questions from students and faculty, and opportunities to do a little myth-dispelling as well as chances to offer my own semi-formed opinions.

It was fun, and it sure as heck beat a day at the office.

Afterward, I went to my Chiropractor for a periodic adjustment. I didn't feel bad, but figured I would feel better after he did his tricks. I was right. I'm much more flexible today, and my ride to work reflected that.

I wound up riding the Raleigh today, despite the good weather. I had a training session at the main office, and didn't remember whether it was an all-day session or part-day. I figured that I could ride the Raleigh while wearing office clothes, as the weather is so nice, so when I learned that I would have the second half of the day in my regular office, it became a "cross the bridge in slacks" day.

I have since learned that I will be presenting the short "Share the Road" session this evening. I'll need to haul butt home, get my car, and drive to J-town.

Tomorrow, I may even get a replacement for my computer that hasn't worked since mid-February.

No comments: