Despite the warm (hot) weather, I didn't get to ride today. Jenn and I went out to Mom's house to do some yard work.
Our wedding will be happening in my folks' house or yard, and Mom wants to spruce things up a bit (some of which needs to be done anyway, as a maintenance thing). Today's task was to remove some old overgrown shrubs and bushes (sounds like a recent presidential election), and replace them with other species.
The old stuff came out of the ground much more easily than expected--I did NOT have to get the boom on the tractor to lift the stumps out of the ground, as the spade cut enough roots that I could simply lift the stump myself. The new ones look good so far, too.
I'm also back on my own computer! A friend who gets lots of lightly-used boxes brought me one on Friday, mostly to get it out of his house. It has a faster processor than my old one, and a bit more than twice the hard drive space. It seems a bit shy on RAM, but I may have a card or two that will fit--I'll have to look at what it takes and what I have. The sound isn't working yet, but that may be an electronic switch issue. I'll tinker with it over the coming week or three and see what happens. My mother has an IDE adapter that she has allowed me to borrow, so I can go through my old hard drive and move what makes sense to keep into the "new-to-me" box.
It's an opportunity to try some different things. Mark installed Windoze XP on it (as opposed to Vista that so many people dislike), but it doesn't have the Microshaft Office Suite installed yet. I may or may not install that--if I do it would only be because some of the stuff I do frequently works best in that batch of gobbledygook coding.
On Saturday, Jenn and I rode over to Cherokee Triangle for the annual Art Fair there. It was a good time--wandering among the booths, looking at the creative and functional stuff on display. We didn't buy anything, but got a bunch of business cards for future web buying efforts. Cycling to the event got us much closer parking than many folks had to tolerate. That makes sense, since we went to the effort to get there on our own power.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment