One of my all-time favorite comics, Yehuda Moon, ended today. The writer, Rick Smith, apparently ran out of time to continue making the strip on a daily basis.
He must have wanted to ride more. Yeah, that must be it.
In any case, Jenn and I enjoyed the LBC "Slow and Easy" ride again this morning. The second half of the route got changed due to some other event (a ten-mile run that is part of the "Triple Crown" of local foot racing, I think) and its related street closures, but it was still good to get out on the bike for a while. My quads weren't happy with me for the first fifteen or twenty miles, but after a while they loosened up and I started feeling better--at least until I got tired. I'm not as accustomed to going over twenty miles at a pop as I usually am, since most of my riding these days is my thirteen-mile commute twice a day. I need to ride for fun more often.
Since I collected my truck yesterday, I didn't have to ride home in the rain that kept falling as the evening progressed. I had to go to Crestwood to work on a bike, and driving there is always quicker than cycling to the shop. I had the Raleigh in the bed of my truck, so it got something of a rinse-off while I traveled. One wouldn't know it to look at it, though, suggesting that maybe soap or at least a sponge or brush would have helped get the road crud off the chainstay and frame tubing. I need to get around to cleaning and repacking the crank and wheel bearings on that bike at some point, too. Maybe I'll do that after I get some paper (or electronic paper) work done.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment