21 December 2010

5600!!

I took another look at my page on mycyclinglog.com the other day, to see whether it would make sense to change my mind on correcting the mileages on my commutes from the rental house. I had been listing that commute round trip at twenty-four miles, instead of whatever it really is (I've not measured it since correcting the calibration on the Vanguard). It's bound to be more than the 25.7 miles I usually log from the new house, and the correction could put me over 5700 miles for the year.

As it stands, my ride to work this morning tipped me to the 5600 mark, or would if I was tracking the ride to work and the ride home as separate trips. I'll log it when I'm home, and be satisfied with that.

I may change to logging each side of the work commute for next year, as the Louisville Bicycle Club is adding a commuting program for 2011, and counting trips as well as miles. The program is in its infancy, so we are not sure what we'll do with the data we gather. I doubt I'll win any jerseys through that program, as I don't ride as much as some others who are already likely to participate.

I do want to track use of all the bikes in the garage this year, plus keep track of how much we use any car or cars. Again, I'm not sure what if anything I will do with the knowledge I gain from doing so, but I am curious enough that I want to see what we find. I'm fairly sure I've ridden more than I've driven this year--certainly have made more trips by bike than by car--but it would be nice to know for sure.

2 comments:

LvilleTex said...

I obviously need to get with the big mileage program. You 5600, Dave over 5k, Apertome over 5k and my friend Dale over 6k. Makes me feel like I'm not even riding a bike.

Jeff Kerkove said...

Trying to email you, but the email you provided us keeps bouncing back. Please email me about the Ergon 2011 Commuter Team

jeffk@ergon-bike.com