The Commonwealth of Kentucky, in its infinite lack of wisdom, has chosen to offer the upper plate as an option--at no additional charge--to theocrats and other viral victims who want to flout their religion to the rest of us. Never mind that my tax dollars are going to support this nonsense, and in so doing, lend some credence to the hypochristians who think their god rules all.
The First Amendment to the US Constitution holds that the Country shall not establish a religion, or favor any one religion above any others. Kentucky's Constitution is even more strongly worded. But Governor Beshear seems to not care about this, as long as he can pander to the reactionary religionistas (some call them the Tealiban, as so many of the more vocal among them are also part of the tea party movement that is sweeping up so much enthusiasm among the lower-minded).
At least they are not desecrating my license plate option. Speaking of which, I've learned that I can get a Share the Road plate personalized! The link I cited shows you how yours would look if you personalized it.
At least I can think of a positive way to end a blog post--I can order a personalized STR plate!
1 comment:
Amen Brother! : )
Post a Comment