08 December 2010

Almost there

I almost feel like going out and riding another five miles just for the heck of it. My ride home from work tonight got me within three miles of logging 5500 miles for the year. It also got me over the 1000 mile mark for miles recorded on my Raleigh for the year.

The heck of it is that if I corrected the mileages for April, May and June to reflect the cyclometer calibration problem I had a few months ago, I'd probably be closer to 5600 miles already. Be that as it may, I'm going to leave those numbers alone. I corrected the numbers for trips from the house we own, and I've decided that any shortage of miles logged from the rental house will be offset by the occasional mistake in logging miles on the Raleigh--I don't have a computer on that bike, and estimate miles on it based on miles recorded on similar trips on the Vanguard. It's just a number, anyway. My legs are not calibrated in miles.

Who knew that I would record almost a fifth of my annual mileage on a wedgie bike?

No comments: