09 March 2011

I got off work early yesterday, in order that I may do some errands and attend the Mayor's Budget Forum in Middletown. One errand was to pick up the reflective vinyl I ordered for the Vienna. I didn't have the bike with me, so we didn't get to compare the color. When I got home, I found the color to be a bit yellow by comparison. I'll have to take it back by some time and see what can be done about that.

I was on the Vanguard doing that, but got the Vienna out for my next errand--getting a haircut in St Matthews. I typically go to a small, established barber shop near Lexington Road and Frankfort Avenue. The barber who cut my hair yesterday has worked there for nigh on fifty years, apparently, and now works two days a week.

Anyway, I hadn't really been thinking about it, so I wasn't watching the Vienna's odometer. It turned over 100 miles on my way home from my haircut.

With the impending bad storms, we opted to use gas to get to the forum last night. We did carpool, though--Jenn and I met at Mark Luking's house and rode to Middletown with him, then I hauled Jenn's bike home in the truck afterward.

It was good to go to the forum. I have managed to attend two of them--the one at Shawnee Park Golf Course last week being the first. Mayor Fischer commented that many of the comments he has received have been more about priority in spending than about how to save money, so I tailored a comment with that in mind later in the session. A couple of Metro Council members have attended enough of these that they've been noticing the reliable bicycle presence. Hopefully that will work in our favor...

No comments: