30 March 2011

Stray Dog

A stray dog found us last night. Jenn was walking Cisco in the neighborhood, and this beagle-mix was wandering around.







She seems a nice-enough dog. She pays absolutely no attention to the cats, although she prefers their food to Cisco's. She was somebody's pet, and I hope they want her back.

Jenn took her to our veterinarian, in hopes that she had a microchip. Microchips are a nice idea if your animal can get loose and you want it back. This dog didn't have one, though.

We are not able to keep her. We don't have the time to manage another dog for anything more than a couple days at a time. I'll be taking her around to a couple nearby places in hopes that someone recognizes her, but if we don't find her people in the next few days, I must find another home for her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at that sweet face. You know you want to keep her. :)

(I don't with my two demanding dogs)

bikeolounger said...

I don't want to keep her. I want to believe that her people are looking for her. I want to improve the odds that they will be reunited.

My cats insist that she find another home soon.