01 March 2011

Well, DARN Part II

I think Specialized needs to contract with a better carrier.

The bike they are sending me (so that I can rob a fork from it to fix my new bike) was supposed to leave their warehouse yesterday. FedEx shows that they picked it up Monday evening a bit after 8:00 PM. It shows as arriving in their sort facility across town a bit shy of 5:00 Tuesday morning--yes, that's more than eight and a half hours. It makes me wonder what the driver was doing joyriding around Columbus all night long and missing morning sort deadline.

It probably is not Specialized's fault that FedEx delayed my gratification. I suppose I could consider it as keeping the bike at the store another day so that the last couple of add-ons I ordered can get here before I ride it home.

On the positive side, though, I've had a chance to look at the Portland Design Works Radbot taillights mentioned earlier. These things are pretty cool, and VERY bright. They are likely bright enough to aggravate a few motorists stuck behind me on two-lane roads. I like that they have a reflector integrated into the cover (right below the LED lens). I also like that they come with a bracket so that one can mount the light to a rack reflector tab (or any other common reflector bracket, which gives even more flexibility in mounting options).

I haven't been this excited over a conventional bike in a long time. It's weird. I'm normally more excited about recumbents than about wedgie bikes.

No comments: