...but the new Endura Luminite jacket did its job admirably! Anyone who couldn't see that thing as I pedaled along Westport Road was either blind or looking the other way.
I didn't even get too warm inside it, thanks to the pit-zips.
Of course, the weather forecast depended on which site I checked--the forecast available through the Courier's site had likelihood of rain at 10% before noon, then up to 60% for a couple hours, then drying off again by the time I would be riding home. It was raining when I left the house.
By the time I got to Crestwood, I had been through a couple patches of the rain that felt (and sounded) more like sleet. By good fortune, the ground is warm enough that the roads are not likely to freeze today. You see, I don't have my ice spikes yet.
I wound up not riding on Sunday. I took my sister to collect her new motor home, and got home from that jaunt in the afternoon, a bit late to join the club ride out of St Matthews. That's okay--I still have almost two hundred miles for the last week--and that is better than all but four or five weeks in 2010.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment