04 March 2011

Mileages

I'm a couple days late talking about my end of February numbers.

I wound up not breaking the thousand mile mark before March, with something like a twenty-mile shortfall. That's okay, I have a goal for next year this way. I probably could have done it, but had other things going over the weekend. Still, I rode over five hundred miles in February, which is probably some sort of personal record. That I already have over a thousand miles for 2011 is certainly a personal record.

I looked at the odometer reading on the truck the other day, and realized that it has over 1200 miles on it for 2011. This is NOT what I wanted to see--more miles on the truck than on bikes. I haven't gone over the log entries that are there (we haven't been very good about recording individual trips) to see how we are using it and why we have more gas miles than bicycle miles.That analysis will have to wait until next week some time. I'll also ask Jenn about her bike miles so far this year and see how she's doing.

She wound up riding all the way to work yesterday morning, despite the wind. She wants to use the bus most of the time to reduce the amount of time she spends working up a sweat on the way to her office. She realized she was going to miss the bus, though, and turned accordingly when she got to Lyndon Lane. She has some shopping she wants to accomplish this evening, so she drove today.

No comments: